Script error: No such module "redirect hatnote".</ includeonly>
زمرو:dmy تاريخون استعمال Dmy تاريخون استعمال سانچو:Use Hong Kong English
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
Location of Hong Kong
|Regional language||Cantonese[lower-alpha 1]|
|Official scripts||Traditional Chinese[lower-alpha 2]|
|نسلي گروھ (2016)||92.0% Chinese|
|حڪومت||Devolved executive-led system within a socialist republic|
|36 deputies (of 2,924)|
|Special administrative region within the People's Republic of China|
|26 January 1841|
|29 August 1842|
|18 October 1860|
|9 June 1898|
|25 December 1941|
to 30 August 1945
|19 December 1984|
1 July 1997
|[اوزا تبديل: invalid number] (168th)|
• پاڻي (%)
|3.16 (35 km2; 13.51 sq mi)|
• 2018 اندازو
|[اوزا تبديل: invalid number] (4th)|
|جِي ڊي پي (مساوي قوت خريد )||2019 لڳ ڀڳ|
|$502 billion (44th)|
• في سيڪڙو
|جِي. ڊي. پي (رڳو نالي ۾ )||2019 لڳ ڀڳ|
|$381 billion (35th)|
Hong Kong (i//; چيني: 香港, Hong Kong Cantonese: سانچو:IPA-yue), officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, is a special administrative region on the eastern side of the Pearl River estuary in southern China. With over 7.4 million people of various nationalities[lower-alpha 4] in a 1٬104-ڪلوميٽرزچورس (426 sq mi) territory, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places in the world.
Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire at the end of the First Opium War in 1842. Sovereignty over the territory was returned to China in 1997. As a special administrative region, Hong Kong maintains governing and economic systems that are separate from those of mainland China. Its people tend to identify as Hongkongers rather than Chinese.
Originally a sparsely populated area of farming and fishing villages, the territory has become one of the world's most significant financial centres and commercial ports. It was estimated to be the world's tenth-largest exporter, ninth-largest importer, and seventh-largest trading entity, and its legal tender (the Hong Kong dollar) is the world's 13th-most traded currency. Hong Kong hosts the largest concentration of ultra high-net-worth individuals of any city in the world. Although the city has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world, there is severe income inequality.
Hong Kong is classified as an alpha+ world city, indicating its influence throughout the world. Hong Kong is one of the most significant global financial centres, holding the highest Financial Development Index score and consistently ranking as the most competitive and freest economic area in the world in 2017. The city has the largest number of skyscrapers in the world, most surrounding Victoria Harbour. Hong Kong consistently ranks high on the Human Development Index, and has one of the highest life expectancies in the world. Over 90 per cent of its population uses public transportation. However, air pollution from neighbouring industrial areas of mainland China has caused a high level of atmospheric particulates in the region.
- Basic Law Annex III § 1.
- Leung 2016.
- Official Languages Ordinance.
- Population By-Census 2016, pp. 31, 51–52.
- Legislative Council Disclaimer and Copyright Notice.
- Use of Chinese in Court Proceedings 2011.
- Population By-Census 2016, p. 46.
- Cheung 2017.
- "Hong Kong". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. وقت 14 May 2009 کي اصل کان آرڪائيو ٿيل. حاصل ڪيل 2 October 2018.
- Monthly Statistics for June 2019, p. 4.
- Population By-Census 2016, p. 34.
- "Hong Kong". International Monetary Fund. حاصل ڪيل 24 June 2019.
- Household Income Distribution 2016, p. 7.
- UN Human Development Indices and Indicators 2018, p. 22.
- Basic Law Chapter III Article 24.
- Carroll 2007, pp. 15–21.
- Gargan 1997.
- Sino-British Joint Declaration Article 3
- "HKU POP HKU POP final farewell: Rift widens between Chinese and Hongkong identities, national pride plunges to one in four". HKU POP Site. Public Opinion Programme, University of Hong Kong. حاصل ڪيل 29 June 2019. Identity indices of 76 and 23, respectively
- Global Financial Centres Index 2017.
- "Country Comparison: Exports". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. حاصل ڪيل 16 June 2019.
- "Country Comparison: Imports". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. حاصل ڪيل 16 June 2019.
- Triennial Central Bank Survey 2016, p. 10.
- Liu 2018.
- Frank 2018.
- "Country Comparison: GDP (Purchasing Power Parity)". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. وقت 4 June 2011 کي اصل کان آرڪائيو ٿيل. حاصل ڪيل 15 January 2018.
- "GaWC – The World According to GaWC 2018". Lboro.ac.uk. وقت May 3, 2017 کي اصل کان آرڪائيو ٿيل. حاصل ڪيل March 22, 2019.
- IMD World Competitiveness Ranking 2017.
- "Hong Kong". The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. وقت 11 November 2017 کي اصل کان آرڪائيو ٿيل. حاصل ڪيل 15 January 2018.
- "Life Expectancy at Birth". The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. حاصل ڪيل 7 February 2019.
- Public Transport Strategy Study 2017, p. 1.
- Yu, Huang & Ng 2013, p. 57.
حوالي جي چڪ: "lower-alpha" نالي جي حوالن جي لاءِ ٽيگ
<ref> آهن، پر لاڳاپيل ٽيگ
<references group="lower-alpha"/> نہ مليو، يا پوءِ بند
</ref> کٽل آھي